Monday, January 11, 2016

Parktown Prawns!

Hey everybody! What's up. This week was alright.  We just focused on less actives and members because all of our investigators are still on holiday, but we helped some people out!


We had some fun on New Year's Eve and New Year’s day and just spent it with a lot of other missionaries.  We played sports like crazy haha. I was pretty sore and even a little sunburnt, but it tanned out.

We just had a couple of lessons this week.  One was just helping a kid with his Duty to God lessons, which was fun. And we met a less active guy in our area who we're working with now. And we just got an updated ward list, so we're going to go down the list and try to visit everyone, since there's a lot of ward members I still don't know.  Hopefully we can get some referrals from that-- that'll be our goal!

So this morning we were just chilling in the study room in our flat, and then my companion freaked out and was like "It's a prawn! It's a prawn!” Basically, there are these bugs here called Parktown Prawns. I'm not sure if I've talked about them before.  Basically, just imagine a jerusalem cricket/potato big, but 4x bigger, and they have huge antennas and front legs like a grass hopper. So one had snuck in under our front door last night and chilled in our place, and then gave us a nice little surprise. So I wasn't going to deal with it, so we put a plastic bowl over it and then left for a couple of hours.  We had to take other missionaries emailing, and they're from Tanzania and they're used to these types of things, so they took it outside and we slaughtered it. So yeah, my anxiety was going pretty hard hahaha.  Big bugs make me paranoid, but I guess I survived :)

But yeah, the work should pick up this next week or two and should be good! Thanks again for the Christmas candy-- I now have diabetes.

Talk to you next week!
Elder Savage


No comments:

Post a Comment