Monday, March 30, 2015

Goodbye Daveyton!

Yup, I'm getting transferred! Spent 4 1/2 months in Daveyton, and now it's time to go somewhere else! It was definitely hard to say goodbye, harder then I thought it would be. At times I was annoyed with the drunks and teenagers calling me Mulungu, but now I'm leaving and I already miss it haha. Funny how it works.

Anyway, it was an awesome last week! On Monday we played basketball with some guys in Daveyton, and even though I suck at basketball I was better than them so it was sweet hahaha. And when we were there I saw this less active who we had been trying to find for six weeks.  He used to come out teaching with us all the time but then he moved and kinda dropped off the grid, so I was able to talk to him and just let him know he's not forgotten, so that was nice. And then afterwards we went and played flag rugby with some members and nonmembers, and one of the members is a member of the seventy! And he's freaking fast too!  I always pictured general authorities as old and slow, but he was a grasshopper haha. And he invited us to his house for a braai afterwards, so it was an awesome day all around! Besides that the week was a little hectic and stressful, and we hardly taught any lessons because there was a fireside on Saturday afternoon and a big baptism on Sunday that we had to plan for, and we had to drive for a doctor’s appointment in Johannesburg (not for me), so it was crazy, but we had fun.

I sent some pictures, but basically the baptism on Sunday went perfectly! There were four 8 year olds getting baptized and then 3 investigators--2 in our area and 1 in Daveyton 2. I've probably talked about the investigators before, Gugu and Busi, they're both super powerful. They were both a little nervous to get baptized, because Africans hate water haha, but it went smoothly hahaha. It was hard to say goodbye to them, but they have good friends in the church so I feel confident that they'll continue to be awesome in the church!

But yeah, that's it for this week, I'm excited to see where I'm transferred tomorrow! I'll have to finish packing tomorrow morning haha, procrastination is the best :) But I love you all, I love the gospel, and I love Daveyton.  I'm sad to leave it, but I know that it'll be for good reasons. Till next time.

Elder Savage

Me and Gugu and her daughter, Ntokozo, the day before she was baptized.

A dope sunset.

Everyone that got baptized! 

 Elders Quorum President (left), Busi’s best friend/fellow shipper (bottom), Relief Society President (right) and me.  Super fun people!

These members make amazing food!!!

Busi and I right after her baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment