Friday, January 2, 2015

Joel 2:28

Hey family, howzit going! 

This email will be a little shorter because I just talked to you guys a few days ago, but that's alright! Skyping was rad! 

So for Pdays now we go golfing, because Daveyton has a free golf course. It's a little ghetto, but it's free so I can't complain! 
Golfing on P-day
The teaching this week has been pretty crazy! I've been reminded a lot of the verse in Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions." I'll explain why.

On Monday we were walking and this lady was in her front yard and called us over, and she was talking about how she wanted to learn more about our church, and she saw missionaries a couple of months ago from a distance but wasn't able to get to them. Before we left she said "You remind me of a dream I had. I'll tell you about it on Friday when you come to teach me," and I was just though "no, tell me now!" haha, but we went on Friday and taught her. Her name's Ulga and she's pretty powerful. She said that she stopped going to church because the preachers would talk about Jesus Christ, which she liked, but then they would just start talking about money and how the congregation needed to pay them. She was praying a lot to know which church to join, because she's been so confused about religion, and then one night she had a dream that a person dressed in white came to her and said he "would come and fetch her." She said that every time she see's the missionaries she's reminded of the dream that she had. Pretty cool stuff! We've only taught her one lesson but we just explained that the message we are teaching is what her dream was talking about. So hopefully she can gain a testimony of that!

And then on Saturday we taught the plan of salvation to a member, and she said that a couple of years ago she had a dream where her brother, who had died, came to her and asked her to take him out of the prison that he was in, and then a couple of nights later she had a dream where her dad came and said the same thing! She didn't even realize what they were talking about at first, but then she realized that she needed to go to the temple and be baptized for them! The 7th Article of Faith states "We believe in the gift of...prophecy, revelation, (and) visions," and I definitely know that's true! Hearing her tell the story just made me want to go do family history work haha, but unfortunately I can't. But you guys can! :) 


Thanks for all you do! Mom that Christmas package is seriously awesome, the chocolate is gonna last forever haha! Love you all, talk to you next week!

Elder Savage 


Here are a couple short videos of us Skypeing with Elder Savage. :) It was such an awesome experience! He is just glowing with the Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment