Friday, September 18, 2015

Last week in Sebokeng!

Hi,

It was a great last week! On Monday we had a district braai and played tennis and then went to a family home evening with a family in the branch. In one of the zones we cover there's 3 families who get together every Monday night for FHE, and it's been really effective for them.  So we have been trying to incorporate that for more families in the branch, and that is what we did Monday night.  We invited investigators and members to the second counselor's home, and it went pretty well. We watched a video from those new life of Jesus Christ bible videos and discussed it. It was a good FHE.

On Tuesday we had a sweet lesson with Lebohang, a recent convert, about the Priesthood. At first he wasn't really interested in getting it but he said he thought about it a lot and was now excited to get it! So he should be able to start blessing the sacrament in a couple of weeks. One thing we've been doing is using Mormon Messages or other church clips because it's nice for people to have a visual thing to see, along with reading from the scriptures, and there's a lot of good clips about the Priesthood and it's power, and how to be worthy of that. So we had really good lessons with 3 priest age recent converts by using those resources.

On Wednesday President Dunn came to Sebokeng again for some secondary baptismal interviews, but the people getting interviewed were a little late so we were able to chat with him for 10 minutes which was cool. He's a great guy, very real and down to earth. When my companion was opening the gate for someone he said "You know, between you and me, you're leaving Sebokeng. But I really think you're gonna enjoy your new assignment." So I was like okay that's cool. I figured I was leaving since I've been here 6 months, but I wasn't really sure what the assignment would be. And then on Friday he called me to be a District Leader. So that's cool. I guess I'll find out where I'll be going tomorrow, and I go for District Leader training today. We'll see how it goes!

Sunday was awesome!  Four people altogether got baptized! Three of them were Mqwati's, the mother and two of the three sons, and now the other son wants to get baptized as well.  We’re still working on the dad, and he's such a good, nice guy.  I have no doubt he'll get baptized sooner or later. And there were something like 17 investigators at church, and some less active members who haven't been in a long time.  It was awesome seeing that and seeing the branch members fellowship them. Sebokeng really is a great place.  I'm sad to leave it, but I know it's in good hands!

So altogether it was a great last week!  Everyone wanted to feed us so I only cooked twice this week haha, and we still have leftovers in the fridge. That's about it. I'll let you know the details of my new area next week! 

Talk to you soon.  Love you all!

Elder Savage


Collen Horomba and I, aka the dopest Zimbabwean ever. 





Me and my homie Loyiso. He's the one who just got the priesthood.


The Mqwati family.

The Maziboku family.

No comments:

Post a Comment